Want to escape Sin City? Las Vegas has so much more to offer than glamorous casinos and non-stop entertainment. With beautiful scenery and natural wonders not too far off in the distance, it won’t take long to realize you’re in a recreational paradise! The most significant areas you’ll want to explore are Valley of Fire, Mount Charleston, Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Zion and Bryce Canyons, and, of course, the Grand Canyon.
Skiers and snowboarders won’t be disappointed either. You’re probably wondering where one goes skiing or snowboarding in the desert, aren’t you? Mt. Charleston sees around 120 inches of snow annually. The most popular place for skiing and snowboarding is the Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort. Have fun!
We are listing some of the more popular outdoor and leisure activities people enjoy in Las Vegas.
If you love to play golf or are just discovering the joy of golfing, Las Vegas is the place for you! Las Vegas is home to quite the array of golf courses with varying degrees of difficulty. Weekends are busiest. Find the best deals in the winter and summer months.
Believe it or not, Las Vegas is famous for being a bowling hot spot. The best bowling in the world is in Las Vegas because of several world-class bowling facilities. The biggest and best are Gold Coast Bowling, Orleans Bowling, and Suncoast Center.
- ROCK CLIMBING IN LAS VEGAS
Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is the most popular spot for rock climbing in Las Vegas. There are more than 1,300 routes a climber can take with varying degrees of difficulty. Be prepared in the summer months as temperatures can be very hot.
- HIKING IN LAS VEGAS
- LOCALHIKES: An extensive, detailed listing of hikes in the Las Vegas area contributed by volunteer LocalHikes reporters. Website
- HIKE THIS! Las Vegas: For those looking for a hiking guide anywhere in Southern Nevada. Website
- AMERICAN RED CROSS GRAND CANYON CHAPTER: Information on hiking safety. Website
The Las Vegas area is jam-packed with amazing hiking opportunities. The most popular hiking destinations include the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and Red Rock Canyon. Closer to the California border is Death Valley National Park. Hire a guide or explore on your own. Protect yourself from the sun with plenty of water and sunscreen.
- HORSEBACK RIDING IN LAS VEGAS
There’s nothing better to bring you back to the old west than horseback riding in Las Vegas. Your options are limitless due to the variety of companies offering horseback riding tours in Las Vegas. Horseback tours are suitable for people of all experience levels. Go on a laid back family trip or take it to the extreme with a cowboy adventure in the Red Rock Canyon. The choice is yours!
- RAFTING IN LAS VEGAS
- PAPILLON GRAND CANYON TOURS: Book a rafting tour in Las Vegas – Website
- ASSOCIATED CONTENT: An informative article on preparing for a whitewater rafting trip. Website
Rafting may seem like a scary adventure to some of you. There’s no need to fret. Las Vegas is full of rafting options for all kinds of people. Leisurely float down the Colorado River or partake in a wet and wild white water rafting experience in the Grand Canyon. Choose from short or long trips, pontoon boats, kayaks, and more. Everyone will have the time of their lives!
- SKYDIVING / BUNGEE JUMPING IN LAS VEGAS
- LAS VEGAS SOARING CENTER: Fly gliders over the Nevada skies. Call (702) 874-1010 for more information on soaring.
- AJ HACKETT BUNGY JUMPING: Located on the “Strip” next to Circus Circus. Call (702) 385-4321 for more information on bungee jumping.
- FLYAWAY INDOOR SKYDIVING: America’s first vertical wind tunnel. Website
- PARACHUTE JUMPING & SKY DIVING INSTRUCTION IN LAS VEGAS: Parachute jumping and sky diving instruction in Las Vegas provided by Google
Skydiving and bungee jumping are definitely not for the weak of heart. If you would like the experience but can’t handle the risk, try indoor skydiving.
- CASINOS IN LAS VEGAS
- CIRCUS CIRCUS LAS VEGAS: Perfect for RV rentals! There’s an excellent RV park with 600 sites, indoor amusement park, circus acts, and more. Website
- BELLAGIO LAS VEGAS: The most upscale in Las Vegas and most expensive hotel / casino ever built. The fountains in front of Bellagio are a major attraction in Las Vegas. Italian theme. Website
- EXCALIBUR: A very large, castle-like hotel / casino. Medieval theme. Website
- CAESARS PALACE LAS VEGAS: Heavyweight boxing has made this casino famous in Las Vegas. Roman theme. Website
- THE VENETIAN: Famous for its channel of canals and gondolas. Italian theme. Website
- LUXOR LAS VEGAS: A pyramid-shaped structure with a unique design. Egyptian theme. Website
- MIRAGE LAS VEGAS: A well-known landmark in Las Vegas with a relaxing waterfall that turns into an erupting volcano at night. Tropical theme. Website
- MANDALAY BAY: Well-known for its Shark Reef attraction and exotic aquariums. Tropical theme. Website
- TREASURE ISLAND LAS VEGAS: One of the more “adult” casinos in Las Vegas. Home to the popular “Mystére” show by Cirque du Soleil. Pirate / tropical theme.Website
- PARIS LAS VEGAS: Another newer development in Las Vegas, Paris is popular for its Eiffel Tower replica. French theme. Website
- NEW YORK NEW YORK: The name of this casino couldn’t describe the atmosphere any better. For a quick trip to New York, go to this casino. All of the classic New York attractions are here, plus an intense rollercoaster ride. New York City theme. Website
- MGM GRAND: The MGM Grand is the largest hotel in the world. Famous for heavyweight boxing and an enormous outdoor amusement park. Website
- STRATOSPHERE LAS VEGAS: Popular for its tower that reaches the highest point in Las Vegas. It’s also the tallest accessible tower in the US. At the top of the tower, you’ll find a rollercoaster and the revolving restaurant. Website
- WYNN LAS VEGAS: The Wynn is a massive hotel / casino that resembles a gigantic mirror. One of the newest developments in Las Vegas. Website
- CASINOS IN LAS VEGAS: Casinos in Las Vegas provided by Google
For most people, the first thought that comes to mind when they hear “Las Vegas” is casinos. Las Vegas is the casino and entertainment hot spot of the world. Everywhere you turn your head, you’ll see casinos and neon lights. The “Strip” contains the most lavish casinos. Remember to keep your experience enjoyable and never spend more than you can afford to lose.
Las Vegas contains some of the biggest, most luxurious spas in the United States. Escape the madness of Las Vegas and indulge in a spa day (or two) to rejuvenate your soul.
- SHOPPING IN LAS VEGAS
- THE FORUM SHOPS: Extremely large, popular shopping center with beautiful architecture at Caesars Palace Las Vegas. Website
- GRAND CANAL SHOPPES: An incredible shopping experience with an Italian atmosphere located at The Venetian. Enjoy the canal, opera singers, and gondola rides! Website
- LE BOULEVARD SHOPS: A unique shopping experience with an old Parisian theme at Paris Las Vegas. Website
- VIA BELLAGIO: High-end, exquisite shopping at Bellagio Las Vegas. Website
- WYNN ESPLANADE: Very high-end shopping with some very rare finds at Wynn Las Vegas. Website
- MIRACLE MILE SHOPS: 170 specialty shops with live entertainment at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. Shopping packages available for purchase. Website
- TOWER SHOPS: Shop through Hong Kong, New York, and Paris at Stratosphere Las Vegas. Website
- FASHION SHOW LAS VEGAS: One of the USA’s largest shopping malls with real fashion shows. Website
- CHINATOWN PLAZA: A very dazzling Chinatown in Las Vegas with bustling stores. Website
- LAS VEGAS PREMIUM OUTLETS: Save on quality merchandise in a market-style setting. Website
- FASHION OUTLETS LAS VEGAS: 100 fashion outlet stores in Primm, Nevada. Website
- LAS VEGAS OUTLET CENTER: Huge discounts on brand name merchandise. Website
- SHOPPING CENTERS & MALLS IN LAS VEGAS:Shopping centers and malls in Las Vegas provided by Google
Las Vegas is a shopping mecca. There’s something for everyone, on and off the “Strip”. You’ll find high-end boutiques, fashion outlets, shopping malls, antique stores, souvenir shops, and more. Many shops stay open late for your convenience. If you’re in need of some retail therapy, you’ve come to the right place!
It will not be difficult to find a satisfying meal in Las Vegas. The most well-known food tradition in Las Vegas is buffets. Las Vegas restaurants take buffets very seriously and they all seem to be unique in some way. Most are very elaborate with a massive array of choices for a relatively inexpensive price. Enjoy the feast!
- PERFORMING ARTS IN LAS VEGAS
- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL IN LAS VEGAS: Many popular shows in town are created by Cirque Du Soleil. Website
- IONVEGAS.COM: All of the most current shows in Las Vegas are detailed and categorized nicely on this website.Website
- LASVEGASSHOWS.COM: Another detailed resource on upcoming shows and concerts in Las Vegas. Website
- NEVADA BALLET THEATRE: The softer side of performing arts in Las Vegas. Website
- THE PHILHARMONIC LAS VEGAS: Don’t forget about the beautiful symphony of The Philharmonic. Website
- ENTERTAINERS & ENTERTAINMENT IN LAS VEGAS:Entertainers and entertainment in Las Vegas provided by Google
You’ll be sure to find a performance suitable to your taste in Las Vegas. Besides gaming, entertainment is also one of Las Vegas’ main gigs. Many shows are unique to Las Vegas and the hotel / casinos are in major competition with the stunning visual effects visitors see as they walk down the “Strip”. There’s much to see so don’t miss out on the opportunity to see the true glitz and glamour of Las Vegas shine.
- NIGHT CLUBS IN LAS VEGAS
- LAS VEGAS’ BEST NIGHTLIFE: An extensive listing of the best night life in Las Vegas with an excellent variety of choices. Real people voted for the best. Website
- VEGASHOTSPOTS.COM: Purchase VIP services and party packages. Website
- NIGHT CLUBS IN LAS VEGAS: Night clubs in Las Vegas provided by Google
Las Vegas is home to some of the trendiest clubs in the United States. Sin City never sleeps and neither will you. If you’re planning something big, you’ll be able to purchase VIP treatment and party packages. Have fun and be safe!